This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Com Handler Action not working in Win7x64

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM

This project was a lot of help in learning how to work with the Task Scheduler. However the ComHandler action type doesn't seem to be working. When my code died I tried building a vanilla version of this project but it gets the same error. Every time i run a task using it i get the following:

"Task Scheduler failed to launch action "" in instance "{2ae5c073-90cc-4838-ba87-11c85394f258}" of task "\MyComTestTask 01". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147746132."

That equates to error 0x80040154, which seems to correspond to some kind of COM lookup error. However i've verified that the TaskHandler Guids are in the registry so i'm not sure what kind of problem it could actually be. Does it work properly for you under Win7 x64? If so could you possibly share the registry keys you have for MyCOMTask?

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I spent the better part of a Saturday a few months ago trying to figure out why its not working on this Win7x64 and couldn't get anything working. I will post that code if I ever do. What I haven't done is try writing one in pure C++ to see if it is some .NET nuance. If you do this, let me know if you get it working.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I recently figured this one out and have posted the update in the Downloads area.