This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Running tasks in windows server 2008

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Up till now I have been able to pass in  parameters to the task service object constructor and run tasks that are registered under the same account in a development server.

I have read some articles on task security and am a little confused.

On a production server there are tasks registered by different users and I would like the ability to run these tasks using the run method

Could someone please take the time to explain what would be the path of least resistance for me.

Should I reregister these tasks under a local system account/network service account and use the no argument constructor or  would it be preferable to reregister them under a general account and pass in these credentials to the constructor.

If someone could explain to me the best approach I would very much appreciate it .

I have done a bit of digging and would love some feeback

Thanks

Steve

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Generally the best approach is to use the constructor with the credentials of an account that can create tasks like an administrator account. You can then register the tasks for any user you want by using the parameters of the RegisterTaskDefinition method that specify a user and password. This will then run the task with those supplied credentials and not those used to connect to the remote server in the TaskService constructor.

Let me know if I missed the point of your question.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
It is much appreciated .
Steve

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM, dahall <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Generally the best approach is to use the constructor with the credentials of an account that can create tasks like an administrator account. You can then register the tasks for any user you want by using the parameters of the RegisterTaskDefinition method that specify a user and password. This will then run the task with those supplied credentials and not those used to connect to the remote server in the TaskService constructor.

Let me know if I missed the point of your question.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (taskscheduler@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email taskscheduler@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. - W. Clement Stone