This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Configure for: <OS>

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Hi David,

I have a couple of questions for you:

(1) I noticed that if I choose "Configure for: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000", save the task schedule, and reopen or edit it, the "Configure for:" value doesn't stick to this chosen OS when the task schedule was saved. Is this by design? ...meaning it defaults to whatever is your current OS.

(2) Can we add Windows 8 to the list...together with Windows 7, Vista, and Windows Server 2008 in the Configure for: <OS> choices?

Thanks, Audi

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM

On your first item, you found a bug. I have corrected the problem in the code and will release it with the next update (likely 1.8.4).

On your second point, I haven't done this yet as Windows 8 has not released and I don't know yet if they will be enhancing the base COM library or what the final UI will look like on the RTM Windows 8 Task Scheduler MMC. Once I know both those things, I will update the library.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Thanks David. I really appreciate it!

Have a great weekend.

Audi :-)

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hello, 

Just wondering were there any updates on enhancing you base COM library for Windows 8 RTM?

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I'm installing the SDK's today to compare them (Win 7 vs. Win 8). Unfortunately Microsoft has not released any notes regarding changes. Once compared, I will make the changes to the base .NET library. Later this month I will get Windows 8 installed and can update the UI components to match the new UI.