This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Task.Definition.Principal.LogonType refuses to set to InteractiveTokenOrPassword;

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I have modified the task wizard and editor control extensively to add some of the as of yet unsupported functionality (specifically todo with user accounts)

to avoid the unsupported exceptions.

I have sorted out which logon types to set for which combination of gui checks however I am running into a problem:

The following line

Task.Definition.Principal.LogonType = TaskLogonType.Password;

executes with no problem, but the watch for Task.Definition.Principal.LogonType reports that the value stayed on TaskLogonType.InteractiveToken instead of the value I am setting.

I have stepped throught the setter for Principal.LogonType:

if (v2Principal != null)
                {

v2Principal.LogonType = value;

}

this line executes and both value and v2Principal.LogonType are set to Password like I want, but the second the setter function completes the value reverts back to InteractiveToken for some reason.

Can anybody tell me why?

I have duplicated the windows logon forms and everything and wrote all the support code i need so this is the only thing holding me back...

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM

If you are willing, please upload your changes as a patch under the Source Control area. I will incorporate your changes into the primary code base and look at your error further. If you would rather be added as a contributor and add your changes directly, I am glad to do that. Let me know either way.