Update historyVersion 2.5.22
- Fixed problem with 2.0 and 3.5 libraries still requiring 4.0
- Resolved issue with DateTimePicker not working with 24 hour clocks
- Removed TaskCompability.V2_3 as it doesn't exist yet
- Adjusted handling of Win10 so that it cannot display a version 1.5 of the library
- Improved 'null' error handling in multiple files
- Fixed critical error when passing empty string to RegisterTaskDefinition for userId
- Added JetBrain NotNull indicators to methods
- Fixed inconsistency on XP, where GetPath failed with exception instead of returning null like on later Windows versions.
- Replaced direct dependency references with NuGet packages
- More fixes to Trigger list context menu
- Minor updates to TestTaskService
- Fixed context menu bug in Trigger List UI
- Code and XML comment cleanup
- Changed TaskCollection and RunningTaskCollection to IReadOnlyCollection instead of just IEnumerable
- Added error handling to task enumeration
- Added ability to set Repetition property of a trigger using a RepetitionPattern instance. This allows for all trigger properties to be set inline with constructor.
- With the above addition, set the Trigger.SetRepetition method as Obsolete
- Added 'description' parameter to TaskService.AddTask
- Updated LocalSecurity class w/ default constructor for PS use
- Fixed upper boundary on DailyTrigger interval UI
- Bug fixes with UI and field validation
- Added back in .NET 4 builds
- Fixed RegisterTaskDefinition for tasks setting password to null
- Fixed Task.Run and RunEx methods
- Event and Security UI bug fixes
- Changed package to .NET 4.5.2 from 4.0
- Fixes to TaskEventWatcher, Trigger.StartDate and assoc UI
- More bug fixes (see History)
- Completed first revision of a diagnostic tool
- A few bug fixes (see History)
- A few bug fixes (see History)
- Updated NuGet to include symbols
- Fixed V1 error with ActionCollection.Clear
- Added TaskSchedulerConfig project (incomplete) to help identify connection problems on V1 and V2 systems
- Bug fixes (V1 actions count and retention)
- Bug fixes (V1 registration validation & Task.IsActive)
- Added TaskEventWatcher component that enables watching task folders or tasks for changes and updated TaskListView and TaskHistoryControl with that feature (see sample code)
- Fixed bug with context menu for lists that would display it in wrong position
- Fixed major bug when registering tasks with well known groups and built-in accounts ("Everyone", "SYSTEM", etc.) -- Sorry everyone.
- Removed data contract attributes
- Bug fixes
- Added ability for V1 tasks to support almost all V2 properties including the support of multiple action types of all action variants.
- Bi-directional support for XML across V1 and V2
- A number of bug fixes for Windows 10.
- Added support for .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0
- Added security handling and version compatibility handling (for connecting to up or down-stream versions)
- Bug fixes
- Enhancements to history control and event trigger editor
- Compensation for deprecated email and message actions on Win8
- Improved performance and marshalling.
- A more modern editor has been added as TaskOptionsEditor.
- Some bug fixes
- Better support for Windows 8 additions to core library
- Addition of Fluent syntax and crontab syntax
See Source Code
for full details of changes.Download Descriptions
- TaskScheduler.zip - Includes the base library (Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dll) with no UI code. Works with .NET 2.0 and higher. Separate assemblies for .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0. Add this assembly as a reference to interact with Task Scheduler on all systems with IE4 and later. This package is also available via NuGet with package name TaskScheduler.
- TaskSchedulerEditor.zip - Includes the UI library (Microsoft.Win32.TaskSchedulerEditor.dll) with all supporting assemblies. Works with .NET 2.0 and higher. Separate assemblies for .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0. Add this assembly as a reference along with Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dll to get editor controls and dialogs that allow for viewing and editing tasks, triggers, actions, lists, etc. This package is also available via NuGet with package name TaskSchedulerEditor.
- TaskSchedulerHelp.zip - Includes the Microsoft Help compatible help files for both the base and editor libraries. Extract all files and then run Install_TaskScheduler.bat to integrate the help.