This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Request for BIN installer with documentation

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I'm a little simple minded right now, trying to absorb so much information about the swelling technologies, and have forgotten more than I know.  So, here's my problem:  When I add references to the assemblies, and try to consume the controls in my application they appear fine on the form.  I compile and get the following issue:

Error 5 The type or namespace name 'TaskListView' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler' (are you missing an assembly reference?). 

So, to ensure that the classes are properly installed on my machine, I'm requesting an installer for the libraries (TaskScheduler & TaskEditor) with help files included.  Is this possible, and, while waiting for an installer, could someone point me in the right direction to get this working.  I'm quite excited about being able to schedule my application into windows task scheduler, and would really appreciate any help at this time.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 1:16 AM

You simply need to add the TaskSchedulerEditor.dll assembly as a reference along with the TaskScheduler.dll assembly. Both assemblies are separate downloads as this was a request from users that only use the non-UI portion of the library.

I'm not aware of any namespace conflicts, so please submit an issue if this is the case. There is considerable documentation on this and library use on the documentation tab as well as in the help file. As you review these comments, I appreciate it if you would review and potentially change your rating comment.

I'll see what I can come up with for an installer with the 1.6 release.

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 1:16 AM

For the 1.6 release, the libraries are all available through NuGet, a Visual Studio add-in for installing and managing components.