Exception when modifying task with Editor UI

Topics: Errors
Sep 15, 2016 at 7:58 PM
When I change the task with the Editor UI, after entering my username and password, I get a Exception not handled error message.

Stack trace:
System.ArgumentException: (27,8):UserId:
en
Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(S
tring Path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object UserId, Object password, TaskLogonType LogonType, Object sddl)
en Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String
Path, TaskDefinition definition, TaskCreation createType, String UserId, String password, TaskLogonType LogonType, String sddl)
en Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskEditDialog.okBtn_Click(Object
sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM
The error indicates that the native task registration method could not handle the value supplied for the UserId, which is the combination of the username and domain name you supplied in the editor. Can you tell me what you entered (more the format than the actual account, e.g. XxxxXxx\Yyyyyy or xxx@yyy.com) and the type of system you're on (domain attached, standalone workstation, etc.) and if you're trying to use a local account? This may help me troubleshoot your error.
Sep 19, 2016 at 1:12 AM
1) The format is xxxx\yyyy
2) The system is domain attached
3) I was trying to use a domain account, I think